Sensory analysis assists us in explaining how product acceptance is perceived or affected by one or more of the five senses.
- Does a mint with higher ‘cooling’ properties perform better than the benchmark?
- How does the contour of a beverage bottle affect brand image?
- Can consumers detect a difference in two salad dressings, one with 50 fewer calories?
Summit Research’s vast global Sensory experience can assist your company in creating the appropriate research design and execution methods to meet your project objectives. In addition, our advanced analytical expertise and ‘senior management ready’ reporting solutions pave the way for more comprehensive project discussions and quicker team alignment.
Common approaches include:
- New product optimization
- Product reformulation-cost reduction
- Product reformulation-improve quality
- Competitive assessment
- Difference/Triangle testing
- Claims substantiation
Sensory specific analyses:
- Penalty analysis
- Alienation analysis
- Drivers analysis
- Sensory segmentation
- Conjoint/Trade-off analysis